A striking class focused on developing technique from the sport of Kickboxing and Muay Thai. Students will work developing their punches, kicks, footwork, defensive techniques, and athleticism. Beginner and advanced classes are taught off of a curriculum and testing for entry into advanced classes happens a few times per year. At the advanced levels the class incorporates knee strikes, elbows, and working from the clinch. It is a contact class and the majority of the lessons will focus on partner work and occasional (optional) sparring.
- Athletic clothing (no denim, no buttons, no jewelry, no zippers)
- Boxing gloves (mandatory)
- Shin Pads (mandatory)
- Mouthpiece (mandatory)
- Hand Wraps (recommended)
- Groin protection (recommended – heavily for men)
- Head Gear (recommended)
- Knee Pads (advanced only)
- Elbow Pads (advanced only)
- Someone trying to learn the technical aspects in the sports of Kickboxing and Muay Thai.
- Someone that is potentially considering fighting or is interested in sparring regularly.
- Younger people (there will be exceptions)
- Someone that doesn’t want to do partner work
- Someone that does not want contact